[scribus] Finding font type in Scribus

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 22:03:26 CET 2010

On 11/24/2010 01:42 PM, Murray Strome wrote:
> In some of my older documents, the "Arab" font was originally set as the default (probably with Scribus 1.3.3.14 on an older version of Kubuntu). When I open one of those documents with 1.3.8 (Kubuntu 10.04), I always get a message saying something to the effect that some fonts -- i.e. Arab -- are not installed and asks for font substitution (I have chosen Arial). I select "make this substitution permanent". Even when I save the document, and reopen it again, I still have to go through that annoying bit about font substitution.
>
> How can I find out where it thinks I am still using Arab (not that I intentionally ever used it) so that I can get rid of it forever?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Murray
>
> P.S. Should I be using a later version of Scribus, and if so, how can I find the repository for it?

My scanning of sla documents to look for the source of this suggests
that it comes from a saving of the default font inside the document.

It might be worth a try to open the doc in Scribus, go to File >
Document Settings, changing the default font, and then saving the doc to
see if this works.
Otherwise, you have to do a plain text search and replace on the sla
file to get rid of the annoyance.

Greg