[scribus] Scripter and Preferences

Olivier BERTEN olivier.berten at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 14:46:36 CET 2010

Well... it seems we misunderstood each other... I'm not asking for it to
be available now... I'm pretty aware of how free software works as I'm
myself a (small level) contributor.

What made me react maybe "brutally" is I asked "is this possible" and
you answered "you don't need it" (basically). So the only thing I could
answer to that is: yes, I need it and this is why I think it's useful.

So let's go back to the original subject ;-)

Question 1:
I'm thinking of something like configurable templates where the users
could adjust some measurements. It would be more efficient if the user
was presented these measures in its favorite unit... isn't it?
Is there a way to currently achieve this?

Question 2:
I'd like to allow users to import swatches through SwatchBooker. Many
spot colors are defined in the Lab color space, which isn't available in
Scribus (yet). So I need to convert them to RGB or CMYK. Since Scribus
supports color management, it would be stupid not to take that in
account when converting...
Is this currently in the field of possible things through the scripter?

Yours,

Olivier