[scribus] Verifying CMYK (John Culleton)

Calcyum contact at calcyum.org
Tue Nov 23 08:57:36 CET 2010

Le 23/11/2010 05:57, scribus-request at lists.scribus.net a écrit :
> From: John Culleton<john at wexfordpress.com>
> Subject: [scribus] Verifying CMYK
>
> If I set up Scribus with a CMYK palette,
> activate color management,
> insert an RGB format jpg  file in a graphics frame,
> export the file to PDF using a SWOP icc file,
>   will the jpg image in the output PDF still be in RPG format or will
> it be converted to CMYK equivalent?

Hello John,

This is the job of offset ICC profiles to convert in CMYK, so don't worry.
Nevertheless, you need to have a strong color management, i.e activating
the output preview in both Gimp and Scribus, both set on your SWOP
profile. Be careful with this profile too: it's made to print on US
printers, and doesn't manage a good TAC.

Have fun!