[scribus] Fwd: editing master page & display of page #

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Nov 22 20:32:37 CET 2010

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:11:15 -0500
Jerry Halberstadt <subscriber at newtechpub.com> dijo:

>Reposted to add working environment (sorry!):
>Scribus 1.3.3.14
>Win XO sp 3
>
>I can create and edit a master page. But I can't leave the master page
>to see the effect on a regular page, i.e., there is no command I have
>found that allows me to go from the master page back to the regular
>page.  The workaround I use is to save; exit the file; reopen the file.
>Needless to say, this is not fun when I am trying to adjust something
>and check the results.
>
>The specific problem--I have page number set in the lower right of the
>right-hand pages, and can only see the leftmost digit, i.e., the number
>33 displays as "3". Trying to figure out the tabs etc. to correct.
>
>It isn't the tabs! Now displaying as ## rather than, e.g., 23
>
>And applying master page to odd pages actually goes onto even pages.

Are you aware that you can install 1.3.8 and run it alongside 1.3.3.14?
Installing 1.3.8 does not remove 1.3.3.14, so you can launch either one
independently. I recommend you install 1.3.8 and take it for a spin. It
has lots of new features and might solve your problems.

But, because 1.3.8 is still not officially a stable version, save often.
Also, use Windows Explorer to make a copy of the files you created in
1.3.3.14 before opening them in 1.3.8. Version 1.3.8 can open 1.3.3.14
files, but not the other way around. And 1.3.8 has an autosave feature
that might overwrite your 1.3.3.14 file, making it impossible to open
it in 1.3.3.14. So make a copy of the 1.3.3.14 file and open the copy
in 1.3.8, just to be safe.