[scribus] Idea: MacGuffin

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Thu Nov 18 11:15:32 CET 2010

Hi Bruce,

That's really a good one - I'd see a list of undone tasks to be handled
prior to printing, offering the possibility of jumping through the
document to the places where they live.

Another idea: On the page, they might appear as Post-Its, or as a
coloured area underneath the spot they are pointing to. A crucial thing
would be that they could be invoked by a simple keystroke or key+mouse
combination. (If you had to call a menu item it would'nt be handy enough
and seldomly used.) A small dialog could appear offering a textfield to
place a comment which may be used or not. One OK/Return would close it
and add it to the list.

> Useful idea? Is there a workaround I don't know about?

My first thought was using empty picture frames. Scribus will ask for
them and indicate the pages where they are, a "yellow" error, not a
fatal one...

But I use them for covering things, masterpage elements for instance. So
they're shown anyway, and it would be hard to tell which ones are just
design elements and which ones are real reminders.

Regards

Rolf