[scribus] As if you’re not already sick of indexing

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Nov 18 09:44:25 CET 2010

hi craig,
> I have absolutely no intention of making a user use any other program
> than Scribus for indexing. Of course, others may do what they want in
> the meantime.

personally, i fully agree with your statement in the sense that a user
should not be forced to use external tools for indexing.

but i hope that you don't want to forbid them to use other tools! it
would make sense that scribus can interface with dedicated indexing
tools by both providing a PDF (already working wonderfully) and a text
output.

and my suggestion to output RTF text was only meant as a workaround for
the current state and would simply allow our users to use
OO.org/index.html without having to convert the PDF to text and then
figuring out where the page breaks are.

ciao
a.l.e