[scribus] Importing text with effects

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Wed Nov 17 04:00:14 CET 2010

On Wednesday 17 November 2010 03:31:34 John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:31:46 -0800
>
> Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> dijo:
> >I create a contribution to a weekly APA (Think of it as a small
> >newsletter.) by doing my composition in OpenOffice then bringing the
> >text into Scribus for page layout.  Right now, I have to use the story
> >editor for any italics, bold or other effects.  Is there any way to
> >set Scribus to bring in those effects when it imports the text?  Doing
> >it in OpenOffice and having the italics and so-on brought over would
> >be much simpler.
>
> When importing an OOo Writer document Scribus will recognize and bring
> in paragraph styles. However, it cannot yet bring in character styles.
> However, if you apply direct formatting in OOo the direct formatting
> will be retained in the Scribus import.

There at least two exceptions, though. 1) Since Scribus doesn't support the
"background colour" formatting. This information will be lost 2) Scribus
doesn't support "faux" italics and bolds, so if OO.o creates a "faux" font and
there's no real italic/bold font slant available, you will be asked for a
replacement.

HTH

Christoph