[scribus] Problem with page numbers, new problem with table

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 18:36:20 CET 2010

On 11/15/2010 04:12 PM, matti.huomanen at saunalahti.fi wrote:
> Correction to my previous mail, I've learned how to make boarders
> visible for an individual cell but how to do it for the whole table in
> one go? How to select all the cells for editing?

This may be a bug, but it seems more like something that doesn't work in
a sensible way.

Here are some phenomena that I see, which may be useful to you:

1. When you first create a table, you create a group of frames. You
cannot assign a Line color (the secret sauce of making borders of any
frame show), so you cannot make the borders show.

2. If you ungroup the table, you can assign a color (life is good!)

3. If you then select an individual frame, you have entered mondo
bizarro, in which the interaction of the internal borders with each
other becomes unexpected (change color or line style of one cell, for
example).

4. There is some possibility of resurrection by selecting all the cells,
then grouping and ungrouping. YMMV, but worth a try.

So, it's probably worth a bug report, but this leads to 3 questions: a)
what is supposed to happen? b) what is going wrong? and c) what would be
a desirable behavior?

Greg