[scribus] Replacing Proprietary Software

Rob Oakes lyx-devel at oak-tree.us
Mon Nov 15 19:42:04 CET 2010

Hi Nehal,

Could you give a little more information about what your workflow looks
like?  What type of material do you need to prepare?  How is it currently
stored?  Does the process need to be completely automated?

In my own experience, I've been using completely open source options for a
while, and it's generally been positive.  But then, that includes other
technologies (such as DocBook and LaTeX) in addition to Scribus.

There are a variety of open source publishing tools, but in order to provide
better recommendations, it is necessary to understand what you are trying to
accomplish.  The workflow for a catalog can be quite different than that for
program documentation.

Cheers,

Rob Oakes