[scribus] Scribus for mac Os X 10.4.11 Tiger

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Nov 12 15:54:45 CET 2010

hi
>> i would say more:
>>
>> if you went the real open source way and had an open source operating system
>> scribus would be an apt-get install away... or a couple of clicks in your
>> synaptics... or any similar tool...
> We Apple users do have an open source opearting system on our
> machines, FreeBSD forms the basis of Apple's operating system Darwin.
> Indeed Darwin is itself open with Apple contributing back to the *BSD
> community changes they have made. What is not open source is the
> window manager Aqua.
>
>> no download on the web, no trojans, only the fun!
> That's a major reason I use Apple not Microsoft products.

i've promised not to bash any operating system...

... still, we apple users have much more proprietary on our system than
just a WM, we have no package manager for the mostly used programs and
have to download our packages from obscure websites.

i'm an apple user 8 1/2 hours a day, 5 days a week...

and yes, there is more open source than the bsd roots in os x, but there
is also more things that are proprietary than just the WM...
and yes, there are fink and ports... but who uses it? (beside you and me...)
and yes there are some sites where it is somehow safer to download
software...

imo, my point still stands: systems really based on free software help
you install more free software. this is not true for apple and
microsoft's systems.

tschô
a.l.e