[scribus] running two Scribus versions on the same system

Robert Marma robert_marma at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 17:55:28 CET 2010

Hi everyone,
  I recently installed two Scribus versions on my HP Windows 7
netbook--v1.3.3.14 and v1.3.8svn.  I would like to enjoy the added features and
improvements of v1.3.8svn, while still being able to access and edit my older
files that were created in v1.3.3.14.
  I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to advise me if I could
possibly run into any conflicts by having and running these two versions
simultaneously, aside of the known file incompatibility issues.  For example,
could I encounter file-sharing problems or other mysterious issues?  Any advice
would be greatly appreciated.
Bob Marma