[scribus] Problem with page numbers

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Wed Nov 10 23:06:42 CET 2010

Matti,
I just ran into the exact same difficulty with the same version.  My guess
is you are using Ubuntu (me: Ubuntu 10.04) and installed using Ubuntu's
installer.  I was told there were much more up to date versions available,
but didn't want to upgrade in the middle of my first composition, a 60 page
magazine.

Anyway, I found my answer to by making two different master pages, one for
pages 1 - 9 and another for pages 10 - 99.  Notice that in our version, one
must put the appropriate number of page number marks (#) on the master
pages.  Therefore, single digit master pages need one page number marks
while two digit master pages need two page number marks.

Check this URL for more info:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Pagination

As to how you may have locked yourself out, I cannot say being a newbie,
myself.  However, I found several problems solved by saving the file and
closing it and then re-opening the same file.  A few other times, I actually
rebooted Ubuntu but the problem may have been solved simply by closing and
re-opening the file.

Good luck with your project.

John