[scribus] Using scribus from console

Stefan Riffert help at scribus.info
Mon Nov 8 16:46:11 CET 2010

Submitted on 11/08/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: Stefan Riffert
   Email Address: riffert at la-well.de
   Subject: Using scribus from console
   Message:
Hello,

we are developing a print portal. The main intention is, that user are able
to choose from a sortiment of flyers and put customized informations on it.
Afterwards this flyer will be send as a pdf to our printjobs.
The flyer templates are generated by an office using scribus. We get the
goods as pdf documents from them.
It is not a problem to insert some text into predefined spaces if the text
has a predefined maximum length.
In view to change words in a running text or to insert paragraphs in
different lengths, we need more flexibility on it.
On this topic the following question:
Is it possible to save a scribus project as a formatting objects file
(xsl-fo)?
or
Is it possible to invoke scribus through a script (Python or PHP)?

Thanks in advance.

Stefan

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.3.14
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Compiled
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Windows
     Version: 7
     CPU type: 64 bit (x86_64/amd64)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/node/158/submission/589