[scribus] Scribus Properties dialogue does not appear

GeaVox help at scribus.info
Sat Nov 6 18:13:29 CET 2010

Submitted on 11/06/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: GeaVox
   Email Address: geavox at gmail.com
   Subject: Scribus Properties dialogue does not appear
   Message:
Hello everyone, I am trying to produce a newsletter for a Charity that hasn't
the funds to buy expensive DTP software, so thank you in advance for any help
you might be able to offer!

I have installed Scribus and Gimp on my laptop (2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo,
Standard 2009 MacBook with 4GB RAM)
Operating system is Snow Leopard, with X11 pre-installed as standard.
Installed OK, launched OK, but I cannot get the Properties dialogue at all.

I tried F2 (it just brightens the display)
I tried Windows > Properties (it shows a tick in the sub-menu, but still no
dialogue)
I tried right-clicking on the frame I want to set properties for... no dice!

I even tried swearing, threatening and, in desperation, I promised to tidy up
the hard disk!... (Macs can't tell when you're lying.. can they? :oO)

I have successfully managed to create a basic layout, insert images and text,
but it seems some properties really have to be set from this dialogue.

Cheers me dears!

gea

PS VERSION ACTUALLY SAYS 1.3.8, but the drop-down didn't offer it as an
option

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.6
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: MacOS X
     Version: Snow Leopard
     CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/node/158/submission/587