[scribus] flowing text around a group

ehud.kaplan at gmail.com ehud.kaplan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 09:39:15 CET 2010

  I  must be doing something stupid--

   1. I create a document with 4 auto-text frames (4 columns) and fill
      them with text.
   2. I insert an image frame and put an image into it
   3. I lower the text frames to the bottom
   4. I raise the image frame to the top
   5. Using the properties/shape/use contour line I flow the text around
      the image
   6. I insert a test frame under the image, and type a caption into it
   7. I flow the text around it (properties/shape/use contour line)-- so
      far everything works!
   8. Now I GROUP the image frame with the caption/text frame just
      beneath it-- now the group no longer has text flowing around it,
      but the test returns to be under the group.  I played with the
      levels, to make sure the group is above the text to be flowed, but
      it did not fix it.

For creating figures with captions the ability to flow text around
groups would be great.  Sadly, it seems to not work (yet?)

EK (v. 1.3.8)

--
Ehud Kaplan, Ph.D.
Jules and Doris Stein /Research to Prevent Blindness /Professor