[scribus] Tiling an image

Bruce McIntyre ooga at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 3 21:11:12 CET 2010

Is it possible to tile an image in an object's background in Scribus?

I have a wall display of teams in our local bridge league, a 3 inch high
and about 40 inch wide strip printed on heavy cardstock for each team,
showing match results and coming schedules for each team.  As matches
come in, I write the results directly on each strip and move the strips
up and down as teams move up and down in the current standings.  I used
to use a different colour background for each team, but last year I had
some success with perpetual textures.  In MS Pub I was able to easily
tile these backgrounds; in Scribus there does not appear to be an option
to do so.

The general idea can be gotten from this site:

http://www.matchpointer.com/i_A_STA.htm

...although the wall display is a fair bit different in layout.

--
|     Bruce  McIntyre     |     email:  ooga at shaw.ca       |