[scribus] PDF Forms and fonts

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 03:37:46 CET 2010

> I have spent some time searching the wiki and this mailing list and
> cannot find any reference to how to embed the fonts so that they will
> appear in the field properties of the control. I can certainly embed
> fonts during the PDF export, but that doesn't make them available in
> the field properties when I am designing the form.
>
> For example, create a list box, then right click on it and choose PDF
> Options > Field Properties. Under Appearance you can choose a font, but
> only the 14 fonts appear. There is no option for "choose a different
> font."

Acrobat 9 Professional or Standard or the new Acrobat X that was just
announced would be your best bet for more font options and field
capabilities. There may also be some other third party PDF apps out
there that will let one author forms at a lower price. I know there
are some fine PDF readers out there that will even let users save data
in the form. I work with forms a lot at my place of work and I come
across this very thing you are encountering where someone wants to use
a font other than Helvetica or Times such as a fancy font for filling
in the name on a certificate of completion and with rare exception
most of the fonts that are used at work have licensing restrictions.
You shouldn't have a problem with the free fonts you describe.

--
StevenD

So you want it fast, good, and cheap. Choose any two.

A bad day at the beach is better than a good day at work.