[scribus] PDF Forms and fonts

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Nov 2 00:19:35 CET 2010

On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 19:41:07 +0000
"K.King" <k.king177 at ntlworld.com> dijo:

>Why are we limited to these 14 fonts? Would it be really difficult to
>change the feature so the user can use any installed font?

>They will be the inbuilt 14 fonts of the PDF specification.

Ah, at least there is a reason. All is not chaos and madness.

>You can use other fonts, but then you you have to decide if you want
>to embed them or not.
>If you do not embed them then people may not see your PDF as you
>intended. If you do embed them your PDF will grow in size for each
>font you embed. You also have to decide which font format to utilise.
>
>If you search this mailing list or check the wiki for more info.

I have spent some time searching the wiki and this mailing list and
cannot find any reference to how to embed the fonts so that they will
appear in the field properties of the control. I can certainly embed
fonts during the PDF export, but that doesn't make them available in
the field properties when I am designing the form.

For example, create a list box, then right click on it and choose PDF
Options > Field Properties. Under Appearance you can choose a font, but
only the 14 fonts appear. There is no option for "choose a different
font."