[scribus] Scribus and digitial accessibility

Armony ALTINIER help at scribus.info
Mon May 31 12:33:50 CEST 2010

Submitted on 05/31/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.6.26]

Submitted values are:

   Name: Armony ALTINIER
   Email Address: aaltinier at april.org
   Subject: Scribus and digitial accessibility
   Message:
Hi!

My name is Armony, I am French and I coordinate the Workgroup "Accessibility
and Free Software"of the association "April", French advocacy association
devoted to promote and protect Free/Libre Software in France (5300 members).

The goal of the Workgroup is to sensitize people about making free software
accessible to everyone, especially disabled people.

We are trying to create accessible documents, and we noticed that only
Acrobat Professional has a function for adding accessibility tags to PDF
documents (see
http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/accessibility/pdfs/acro6_pg_ue.pdf).

But maybe we can create accessible PDF directly with Scribus? We can do it
with Open Office, is there a function to add accessibility tags on Scribus?
We looked for it but didn't find it...

I wondering if you were working on it? Or maybe you know another way of
tagging a PDF document to make it accessible? It's a really big gap for
Accessibility and Free Software.

Thanks by advance for your answer.
Cheers,
Armony

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.3.14
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Linux
     Version: Ubuntu 10.4
     CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/439