[scribus] Prinitng from Scribus

TSH tsh.gmane at miserableoldgit.me.uk
Sat May 29 19:43:55 CEST 2010

On Sat, 29 May 2010 11:59:08 -0400, John Culleton wrote:

> On Thursday 27 May 2010 19:00:51 Ray wrote:
>> My thanks to all those who replied to my query re printing from
> Scribus.
>> Does anyone have a recommendation for a suitable PDF reader,
> other than
>> Acrobat, for this purpose.
>>
>> Ned
>

> Well I have found Adobe Acrobat Reader to be very useful. And it is
> free. Do you have a problem with it?

It's free in the sense that it doesn't cost any money to install or use,
and it does have some useful features. But I have found that it tends to
impose itself upon your system, making itself the default pdf application
everywhere, without asking if you want this default behaviour, or
necessarily giving you the option.

I prefer the relative simplicity of Evince, which comes packaged with
many Gnome desktops, including Ubuntu.

A more basic option is ePDF, and gv (formerly ghostview) looks
interesting, though I haven't used it myself.

--
Stewart H.

Posting via Gmane