[scribus] re scribus won't work

Bill208 repubo at gmail.com
Fri May 28 04:21:04 CEST 2010

Harry Young wrote:

> hi there - downloaded your program Scribus 1.3.6 dmg for mac running osx
> 10.5
> but it freezes on the page set up box - can you please assist
> regards - harry

Harry,

I'm also running Scribus 1.3.6 on a Mac with OS 10.5.8 and have not
experienced a problem with Scribus crashing or freezing. My only suggestion
would be to delete Scribus and reinstall it from the dmg file. Be sure to do
a restart on your Mac after deleting and before reinstalling Scribus. You
may also want to do a second restart after installing Scribus before you try
to open it.

Also make sure your Mac OS software is up-to-date. 10.5.8 is the latest
Leopard version.

Bill