[scribus] soft text shadow

Jean-Luc Waber jlwaber at gmail.com
Sun May 23 10:20:26 CEST 2010

Thanks to all for the suggestions!

> you can also try to transform the text to a path in inkscape before
> exporting to standards SVG...

The shadow is one of the features not exported to scribus.
But it helps anyway. I make two frames with the same text, the first as
suggested transformed to path and export as svg -  works perfectly.  The
second one (shadow) with blur (Unschärfe) and then export as bitmap.

If I export a text as bitmap with 300dpi I can still see the "stairs" in
the text when zooming, can I be sure it won't be seen in printing?

Thanks
Jean-Luc