[scribus] Window Colour

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed May 19 16:53:35 CEST 2010

On Wed, 19 May 2010 10:13:16 +0000 (UTC)
TSH <tsh.gmane at miserableoldgit.me.uk> dijo:

>On Tue, 18 May 2010 19:28:42 -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 18 May 2010 18:34:02 +0000 (UTC) TSH
>> <tsh.gmane at miserableoldgit.me.uk> dijo:

>>>No - nothing I do there seems to make any difference, either.
>>>
>>>Other QT applications pick up the system colour OK, and judging from
>>>your suggestion, I'm guessing this is a QT issue not a Scribus one.
>>>
>>>It's not a major issue, and I can live with it, but it would be nice
>>>to have Scribus matching the rest of the desktop. It's also a puzzle
>>>why Scribus, alone, doesn't.
>>
>> Maybe it's something in KDE settings. Open a terminal and type
>> "systemsettings" (sans quotes).
>
>I'm using Gnome, but it's interesting you say that, because I did try
>installing some KDE applications, like Knode and Kaddress, and come to
>think of it, they too wouldn't pick up the system window colour (they
>did in Ubuntu Hardy). But I didn't play with them for very long, and
>the extra Kgubbins they brought in with them seemed to cause one or
>two issues with the default Studio/Gnome environment, so I removed it
>all.

Scribus is a KDE app. And when you said "I did try installing some KDE
applications, like Knode and Kaddress, and come to think of it, they
too wouldn't pick up the system window colour" it convinced me that
it's in the KDE settings. I recently had the same problem with KDE
apps, except in my case it was huge fonts for application menus.

In current versions of KDE the window and font settings are
in /usr/bin/systemsettings. If Scribus did not install it as a
dependency it's because it's not technically required for Scribus to
operate. So go to a terminal and type "systemsettings." If you get "no
such command" error message, then install kcontrol-workspace first.