[scribus] Window Colour

TSH tsh.gmane at miserableoldgit.me.uk
Wed May 19 12:13:16 CEST 2010

On Tue, 18 May 2010 19:28:42 -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> On Tue, 18 May 2010 18:34:02 +0000 (UTC) TSH
> <tsh.gmane at miserableoldgit.me.uk> dijo:
>
>>> qtconfig or qt4config (or similar?)
>
>>No - nothing I do there seems to make any difference, either.
>>
>>Other QT applications pick up the system colour OK, and judging from
>>your suggestion, I'm guessing this is a QT issue not a Scribus one.
>>
>>It's not a major issue, and I can live with it, but it would be nice to
>>have Scribus matching the rest of the desktop. It's also a puzzle why
>>Scribus, alone, doesn't.
>
> Maybe it's something in KDE settings. Open a terminal and type
> "systemsettings" (sans quotes).

I'm using Gnome, but it's interesting you say that, because I did try
installing some KDE applications, like Knode and Kaddress, and come to
think of it, they too wouldn't pick up the system window colour (they did
in Ubuntu Hardy). But I didn't play with them for very long, and the
extra Kgubbins they brought in with them seemed to cause one or two
issues with the default Studio/Gnome environment, so I removed it all.

But I guess that points to it being a QT issue.

However, other QT apps that I have here, like Virtualbox, Rosegarden and
VLC, have blended in with my Gnome desktop seamlessly.

--
Stewart H.

Posting via Gmane