[scribus] File format changes between 1.3.5 and 1.3.6?

Andrew A. Gill superluser at frontiernet.net
Thu May 13 06:25:20 CEST 2010

On Thu, 13 May 2010, Christoph Schäfer wrote:

> That's unfortunate, and you should file a complaint or bug report with Gentoo.

It really, *really* is.  I would file a bug with them, but in my
experience, situations like this generally go to /dev/null.
Gentoo have moved to remove any package that requires Qt3 and
they are not going to change the entire package repository for
one package.

I would complain that the whole affair is messed up and the way
they handle these sorts of complaints is messed up as well, but
that complaint would go to /dev/null, as well.  Even if I enabled
--funroll-all-loops.

> The file format hasn't changed, but there was a bug in a file loading plug-in
> that prevented 1.3.5.1 documents from being opened in 1.3.6. This bug has
> been fixed in 1.3.7svn, so your best option is probably to check out 1.3.7svn
> and build this one from scratch.

I see.

That actually really helps.  Thanks a lot!  If I asked the
Windows guy to get 1.3.7svn, could he download something like
scribus-1.3.7svn-100507-snapshot.exe ?

Is that an executable installer, or is that just a
self-extracting archive file?  The Windows guy is an IT guy, so
he can probably handle some minor technical challenges, though
I'm not sure if he'd be up to building something with development
tools he's never used before.

--
| Andrew A. Gill     To ensure continued quality of service,   |
|                    this e-mail is being monitored by the NSA |