[scribus] File format changes between 1.3.5 and 1.3.6?

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Thu May 13 05:55:30 CEST 2010

Am Donnerstag, 13. Mai 2010 05:41:56 schrieb Andrew A. Gill:
> On Wed, 12 May 2010, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > On 05/12/2010 01:00 PM, Andrew A. Gill wrote:
> >>  Will 1.3.3.14 work with Qt4?
> >
> > I have no personal experience with Gentoo, but certainly in Fedora, Qt3
> > can coexist with Qt4. Scribus 1.3.3.x is not unique in its need for the
> > older Qt.
>
> Gentoo no longer offers qt3.  It does offer the qt-qt3support
> package, but CMake gives me
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:234 (MESSAGE):
>    No Qt3
>
> The only two packages that I have that require qt3 are scribus
> and openoffice (which requires the qt-qt3support package but
> not qt3).
>
> If I install another instance of Qt3, that could give me problems
> with openoffice, which means that I may have to install a version
> of openoffice that is not supported by Gentoo.
>
> So if I want to keep using the stable version of Scribus, I'll
> have to find source tarballs for the following:
>
> qt3
> openoffice
> scribus

That's unfortunate, and you should file a complaint or bug report with Gentoo.

> And possibly a few others that I might need for qt3 which may (or
> may not) work well with multiple instances of the same libraries.
>
> And then I have to remember to make sure that everything is
> installed in the nonstandard locations that Gentoo uses so that I
> don't wind up with duplicate libraries when I go back to using
> the packaged versions.
>
> **To reiterate**: Has the file format changed between 1.3.5 and
> 1.3.6?  If there has been no change, it should not impair
> collaboration, since I am doing the design, and the main reason
> for others to use Scribus is to check on the progress before I'm
> ready to start giving proofs.

The file format hasn't changed, but there was a bug in a file loading plug-in
that prevented 1.3.5.1 documents from being opened in 1.3.6. This bug has
been fixed in 1.3.7svn, so your best option is probably to check out 1.3.7svn
and build this one from scratch.

HTH

Christoph