[scribus] default font

Wilfred Cuff wcuff at shaw.ca
Thu May 13 03:03:04 CEST 2010

I have been using Scribus for some time to write up my ballroom
dance notes.  Works well.

One problem concerns fonts.  I keep getting the default as a
Nimbus font, something my printer does not like.  The font list
has a Green S alongside the Nimbus fonts, as opposed to TT.
I guess that is implies a default setting. But where is this
default set?

And changing fonts is also confusing. Both Scribus Preferences
Fonts or File Document have the font lists.  But the program
does not seem to readily add my changes.  There must be a procedure, but
where to find it?

Thank you for you suggestions,
Wilfred