[scribus] Problem with text justification

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun May 9 22:34:20 CEST 2010

ciao alessandro,

> I am a new Scribus user and I am trying to learn it.
> I am using Scribus 1.3.6 on Fedora 11. I found a problem with text
> justification and I am not sure how to solve it.
>
> My document includes a large text frame, which is less wide than the
> page, so an empty space is left inside the right page margin. Some
> small images and text frames lie in that space, but they are wider,
> and so they straddle the right margin of the main text frame.
> In the main text frame, the text is set as justified (in the
> paragraph style).
> And this is the problem: the text justification near the small images
> and text frames is incorrect.
> I fear that my description is rather confused, so here is an image
> showing the problem: http://web.tiscali.it/oct326/justif-problem.jpeg
>
> In the advanced justification settings I set minimum space width at
> 80%, and glyph extension at 98%-102%. If I set minimum space width at
> 100% and no glyph extension, the problem disappears and the text is
> justified correctly. But I'd rather keep the advanced justification
> settings as I chose. Is there any way to get the correct
> justification in this situation?

can you please upload the file to the bug report system?
http://bugs.scribus.net

if possible including the fonts and everything by creating a new project using "file > collect for output" and zipping the result...

... somehow i have the feeling that this is a bug which has already been fixed, but i'm not sure of it...

buona serata
a.l.e