[scribus] Problem with text justification

Alessandro Levati 8av10s at tiscali.it
Sun May 9 22:13:20 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am a new Scribus user and I am trying to learn it.
I am using Scribus 1.3.6 on Fedora 11. I found a problem with text
justification and I am not sure how to solve it.

My document includes a large text frame, which is less wide than the
page, so an empty space is left inside the right page margin. Some small
images and text frames lie in that space, but they are wider, and so
they straddle the right margin of the main text frame.
In the main text frame, the text is set as justified (in the paragraph
style).
And this is the problem: the text justification near the small images
and text frames is incorrect.
I fear that my description is rather confused, so here is an image
showing the problem: http://web.tiscali.it/oct326/justif-problem.jpeg

In the advanced justification settings I set minimum space width at 80%,
and glyph extension at 98%-102%. If I set minimum space width at 100%
and no glyph extension, the problem disappears and the text is justified
correctly. But I'd rather keep the advanced justification settings as I
chose. Is there any way to get the correct justification in this situation?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Alessandro