[scribus] Copy pages

Sven Klomp mail at klomp.eu
Fri May 7 18:37:49 CEST 2010

Hi,

I use Scribus (1.3.5.1 on Gentoo Linux) to create a double sided book. The title page and the first two pages are finished. The other pages should look similar to the two pages. They contain images (e.g. a border) over both pages. Since the border has to be on top of the text, I can't insert the border to the master pages (btw. a master on top of everything would be a great improvement for future versions). Thus, I have to copy both pages as template for the next pages. However, the copy function for pages allows only to copy one after one and not both together in one step. After that, everything is messed up.
So I started to create two empty pages and copy all items to the new pages. But this is not fun, since I use several layers and have to copy each layer separately.
Do you have a better solution for me?

Another problem is a little bit off topic, but maybe someone ran into the same problem:
I reorder the a5 pages and combine them to a4 size with pdfnup:
pdfnup input_a5.pdf --pages 8,1,2,7,6,3,4,5 --nup 2x1 --paper a4
However, the output is not exactly a4 (21cm X 29.6cm): 21.6cm X 27.9cm

Any help would be highly appreciated...

Sven