[scribus] Big fonts in Scribus menus

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sat May 1 23:55:37 CEST 2010

Am Samstag, 1. Mai 2010 23:27:48 schrieb John Jason Jordan:
> I have always had Scribus on a Gnome desktop, formerly Ubuntu x86_64
> and currently Fedora 11 x86_64. I have always been annoyed by the size
> of the fonts in the menus, which are twice the size of the fonts in
> other apps.
>
> Recently I decided to give up on crash-happy Vuze and installed instead
> Ktorrent. Like Scribus, it runs fine, but has exactly the same huge
> font issue. Then I recalled that my favorite CD/DVD burner is K3b, and
> that it also has the annoying huge menu fonts. I'm not always the
> brightest bulb in the pack, but it has become clear to me that the
> problem must be somewhere in KDE settings when a KDE app is run on
> Gnome. In fact, I took a tour of my applications menu and launched
> anything that started with "k." Yep, every one of them has the huge
> menu fonts.
>
> The huge fonts are merely an annoyance. But I have decided it's time to
> fix the problem. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how. Someone
> locally suggested kcontrol, which is installed by kdebase. I installed
> kdebase, but I still have no kcontrol utility.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how to change menu fonts in KDE apps
> like Scribus when they are running on Gnome?

1) You can change the size of the fonts in the Scribus Preferences (Scribus
only).

2) You can change the size of the fonts in all Qt-based programs via QtConfig
(if you don't find it in any menu, use qtconfig on the command line).

As for KDE/Qt apps under Gnome, there is probably a separate configuration
applet (there is one for Gnome/GTK+ apps in KDE in the KDE Kontrolcenter).

HTH

Christoph