[scribus] Deleting large image hangs 1.3.5.1

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Mar 21 06:42:50 CET 2010

I have 1.3.5.1 on Fedora 11 x86_64.

I accidentally placed a large bitmap image that was in my scrapbook
onto the pasteboard. Every time I try to delete it Scribus hangs with
CPU at 100%. I have tried in canvas view and from the Outline window
with the same results.

The document is 96 MB and runs extremely slow, so it is really painful
to do anything at all. I have waited over 30 minutes after attempting
to delete the image and it is still hung, so I'm pretty sure Scribus
has gone into an endless loop and is not just continuing to think about
deleting the object.

Is there a way to delete the image using a text editor? (Note: I do not
know the name of the graphic on disk, plus the graphic is used in
another document and I dare not delete it from disk even if I knew its
name.