[scribus] What's the future of "Display only used colors"?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Mar 14 17:44:27 CET 2010

Hi dear list,

In the good old time when the scribus' color palette was huge, I used to mostly work with the option "Display only used colors" checked.

Today, the color palette is much much saner and I never feel the need to check it again.

With the improvement in the SVG import filter another problem has emerged: after inserting a moderately complex figure, the color palette gets polluted by dozens of very similar colors I will never want to choose.

I wonder if anybody sees a way to filter out those colors (except when i want to see them!)?

On a related matter, I wonder what are the reasons (on top of the lack of time) of not implementing a frame type for vector graphcis (pdf, svg, eps) which would link to the original file (the way it's done with bitmap images).
Would it a project which could be integrated into a GSOC project?

Ciao
a.l.e