[scribus] need Scribus buddy

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Fri Mar 12 07:25:27 CET 2010

> First, how can I change to only one column in a text frame? Or...if I can

As you have already been told you can first off all change it for a
single frame using the Properties palette.

Also, in the Document setup you have a section called Tools, where you
can set the default behaviour for new text frames in the current
document.

There is also the scrapbook where you can put objects to easily be
able to include them in your documents (although in 1.3.5.1 using the
scrapbook usually gives me dozens of "Copy of" styles so currently I
avoid using it). If you for example use two column frames for body
text but one column frames for headings you can set the default to be
two column and then have a one column frame in the scrapbook to use
for headings.  You can just drag items from the scrapbook and drop the
onto the page and a copy will be created.

/Peter