[scribus] need Scribus buddy

LeeSanne Buchanan leesanne at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 19:46:56 CET 2010

I have worked with Pagemaker, then InDesign, on a Mac. Now I am learning
Scribus and need some help. I am trying to publish a newsletter for a Senior
complex. I selected two columns in a text frame and now don't want that.
First, how can I change to only one column in a text frame? Or...if I can
only do that in a new document, how do I save the formatting (to be used IN
a new document) that I want to use like the name of newsletter, photo etc,
so I won't have to struggle with that all over again.

I installed ghost script but the Scribus doesn't find the ghostscript but
maybe that is not critical. Is there anyone in the Seattle area I could
spend a couple of hours with who could tutor me?

I installed scribus 1.3.5

thanks for any help anyone has.