[scribus] Edit Objects Within layers?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Mar 9 15:15:13 CET 2010

hi derick,

> I was wondering if there is a way to do what I have asked in this link:
> http://www.inkscapeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4818
> But only in scribus instead of inkscape.
> Anyway if I can find a way to manipulate my objects in a list view even if
> its outside of the layers view I could get used to that but preferably just
> like fireworks where the layer opens up like a folder and displays a list
> view of the objects in that layer and their visibility and so forth.
> any help would be much appreciated.
> Thanx
> 1d1j1h1

no you can't.

but i think that part of you request may be pretty easy to implement.

what's about adding a checkbox "show only active layer" in "window >
outline"?
and "show only printable/visible layers"?

afaik, in scribus objects don't have a visibility setting (only layers
do), only an "exportability". a column with that information could be
added to the outline window if there is a use for it.

please, consider submitting your request to http://bugs.scribus.net .

if you want to further discuss your request, please join our mailing list: