[scribus] New free guide - How to make a four page leaflet using Scribus (and GIMP)

Staffan Melin (Oscillator) staffan.melin at oscillator.se
Tue Mar 9 01:53:21 CET 2010

Hi,

for some friends in the solidarity movement, I've written a 40-page
guide on the topic of

"How to make a four page leaflet using Scribus -- and learning some
useful things about the technical aspects of computer aided graphic
design in the process"

A quote from the beginning:

"By studying this document, you will be able to create a simple
leaflet using open source software on the linux platform.

Using Scribus and GIMP, we will design a four page leaflet and export
it as a printable (as in being able to send it to a real printing
press) PDF. In the process we will discuss some useful things related
to this process: fonts, image requirements and basic color
management."

The guide can be downloaded from:oscillator.se/doc/osgd.pdf

Maybe it can turn out useful for other people too?

Staffan Melin
Sweden