[scribus] change image folder

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Mar 8 14:24:06 CET 2010

dear ermin,
> During the writing of a project containing several images, I thought
> it necessary to change the folder name of the folder containing one
> chapter of images. This off course triggered the preflight to mention
> "missing image". So I had to re-enter all images.
> Is there a workaround?
> or
> Would it be possible in a future edition of Scribus to make a feature
> like: if "missing image" is triggered; ask "do you want to search for
> the image?" or "Find images in folder <?>".
> Since such a feature would have been helpful on other occasions as
> well, this might also be good for others.
>
> Using version 1.3.3.14 on W7 platform.

afaik, something similar is implemented in the upcoming 1.4 version.

not sure if it is also available in 1.3.3.14, though. you should look
for extras > manage images.

if i'm not mistaken, you still have to relink each moved image... it
would be indeed nice if the images manager could -- after asking if he
should do it -- go through all the unlinked images and try to apply the
same change to all the "undefinded" images.

hth
a.l.e