[scribus] alignment of text frames after inserting a new page

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Fri Mar 5 06:58:50 CET 2010

> If for some reason we must add a page to a left-right layout, the first
> thing to consider would be to add 2 pages instead of one. The left-right

But, we might want to move a page. Or a whole chapter. We might be
doing a book with each chapter in a separate file, then whether the
first page is left or right depends on the length of the preceeding
chapters...

So this is a situation where word processors and TeX makes it a lot
easier than Scribus. I really think these kind of conditional things
are getting more and more important.

One thing I think many book authors want is to be able to place things
(a small illustration, a text frame with a note or hint etc applying
to a certain part of the main text) in the outer margin. But Scribus
can't do this well, the item has to be placed manually and won't move
with the content nor switch margin if the page is changed from left to
right.

/Peter