[scribus] polygon shape 56 is not unique

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Mar 1 17:56:50 CET 2010

hi heather
> I am trying to add another polygon shape to a page in my document and
> I get the message "polygon shape 56 is not unique" and it wants me to
> change the name. So I go under the preferences box to change it but it
> won't let me select the box where the name is to type in another. It
> also wont let me do anything else in the program or even close it. I
> have to use task manager to kill it. I am running on Windows 7. Can
> anyone help?

which version of scribus?

a. please upload the .sla document to http://bugs.scribus.net (you may
mark it as private, then it will be only accessed by the devs)

b. if you know how to do it, you may open the .sla file with a text
editor, look for the shape 56 and modify its name. it should work,
then... (first do a backup of your .sla file!)

hope that helps
a.l.e