[scribus] Coloured photo borders

TSH tsh.gmane at miserableoldgit.me.uk
Fri Jun 25 19:46:32 CEST 2010

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 21:44:39 -0400, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> On 06/24/2010 07:22 PM, Ray wrote:
>> Thanks to all for their help on my coloured borders problem. I missed
>> completely the need to click onto the line - but then to go back to the
>> colour tab again.
>> The shadow now works fine too by putting a coloured and gradient shape
>> under the photo.
>> Too easy - thanks very much.
>
> Ok, now we have something to refer to on the wiki (found in Tips &
> Tricks):
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Shadows_around/behind_images

May be worth adding that similar effects can be applied to text as well,
where a shadow is not available or the shadow colour needs to be
different from the outline. Large format text (cover titles, and that
sort of thing) can look quite good with a shadow, so: two text frames,
one over the other and offset some, with the lower text in a shade of
grey.

Someone who's done more experimenting than me can say whether a blur
effect could be applied successfully to an image of the text in Gimp or
Inkscape, but I regularly use a hard edged shadow quite effectively as
above.

--
Stewart H.

Posting via Gmane