[scribus] Coloured photo borders

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 14:57:37 CEST 2010

On 06/24/2010 08:43 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> Don't forget that you can assign some transparency to your shadow to
> soften it a bit. I haven't played around with it, but I wonder if
> something might be done with gradients or maybe even patterns in the
> fill of the shadow object to give it a softer edge.

And so some brief playing around shows this as a possible strategy:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/File:Scribusmanual_Polynesia.png

This is a shape under the image with a vertical gradient, a couple of
black stops with white at the bottom edge, then transparency to the
blacks (with each black stop possibly having its own setting).

Incidentally, the manual was quite refreshed after its cruise holiday.

Greg