[scribus] Font installation for use with OpenOffice?

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Tue Jun 22 12:09:21 CEST 2010

> I have a similar problem in that I have a windows font cooper installed
> in my windows font directory but it does not show up in Scribus nor
> openoffice. Works great in .fonts in ubuntu but, sadly a no show in
> windows. Any ideas on how to sort this out.

Is it really INSTALLED? An available in other Windows programs?

Because you can not just copy a font to the fonts directory, the must
be installed (and they even don't have to be located in the font
directory when they have been installed).

I use a program called The Font Thing to help me install and uninstall
fonts depending on when I need them. I have all my "non-Windows" fonts
in a separate directory (so I don't accidentily uninstall a font
needed by the system).

/Peter