[scribus] Problem with pdf, characters l - . only!

Julian Haines jah0003 at utvinternet.com
Fri Jun 18 01:50:58 CEST 2010

Hi folks,

I've just completed a newsletter for publication with Scribus. It looks
great on the screen and if I print pages directly from Scribus to my inkjet
printer, they look good. However, when I view the generated pdf on-screen,
all of the letter l characters are disproportionately wide, to the point
where ll often displays as a single wide block! Many of the full-stop and
dash characters have the same problem, but strangely no others appear to be
affected.
If I zoom in to 800% on-screen in acrobat reader the problem is much
reduced, but is still present to a degree. If I print the pdf'd output to my
inkjet, again the problem is reduced but is still present to a noticeable
degree.
I'm using Scribus 1.3.3.13 with gs8.71 on a WinXP platform. I have Acrobat
Reader 9.3.1. I'm using only default Arial fonts as supplied with WinXP.
Actually, I've also tried the A030 fonts, but saw no change in behaviour.

Please, could anyone point me in the right direction to get this fixed?

Thanks,
Julian

--
Julian Haines