[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 27, Issue 25

Michael F. Chamness michael at chamness-machina.com
Thu Jun 17 16:43:07 CEST 2010

Gee, I don't see why this fellow felt the need to slam Scribus in a
public forum. "Different strokes..." and all that; he can use anything
he likes. I used QuarkXpress for many years, switched to Scribus in
revolt against the almost annual $300 upgrade charge, cooperated with
the learning curve rather than fought it, and I'm extremely pleased with
the results, use Scribus for all dtp publishing that I do. I put
together newsletters and church bulletin covers, send work to printers,
and can do everything I used to use Quark for. Sure, there's some
differences, but so what? Quark is very good if a person can afford it,
I suspect it works better on a Mac but I'm a Windows & Linux person. The
upgrades on Scribus are free, so far its not become clunky with trying
to do too much. What's not to like? Just remember the good old days of
working in WordStar in DOS and making a text change, having to reformat
the entire document line by line every time.

Michael F. Chamness
618 - 2nd Street
Montpelier, North Dakota 58472
(701) 489-3638