[scribus] Scribus 1.3.7 Released spell check support under?windows.

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 01:08:39 CEST 2010

Randolph Bentson wrote:

> You're in a better position to comment on why it's a technical issue in
> Windows but not in Linux. Is the spell checking done by invoking an
> external program or using an available library which isn't available
> in Windows, or it the cause something else?

My understanding was that aspel is available for windows, (I even
downloaded it once), the lib can be redistributed in windows, and that
the windows .exe has to be compiled with the header for the lib.

If it's as easy as it sounded a year ago, I'm not sure why it hasn't
become the default way of building it for windows.

It's frustrating to have a feature that's so nearly implemented stay
'just round the corner' for so long. I've been looking forward to this
since I got into Scribus at 1.3.3.9 !

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,MIEMA,MEI
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy