[scribus] Scribus 1.3.7 Released spell check support under?windows.

Randolph Bentson bentson at holmsjoen.com
Wed Jun 16 00:44:36 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:53:27PM +0200, Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 15. Juni 2010 22:36:53 schrieb Randolph Bentson:
> > ... Asking for an embedded spell checker in Scribus violates
> > this philosophy.
>
> No, it doesn't. ...
> ... there already is a spellchecker available. Unfortunately, this
> version doesn't work on Windows, yet.
>
> In other words, this is not a culture clash, but a simple technical issue.

Quite so. I was a bit strong in my statements, but I stand by the
idea that it's generally easier to glue together elements which have
a history of using simple interfaces rather than relying on tightly
coupled interaction of specially structured data.

You're in a better position to comment on why it's a technical issue in
Windows but not in Linux. Is the spell checking done by invoking an
external program or using an available library which isn't available
in Windows, or it the cause something else?

--
Randolph Bentson
bentson at holmsjoen.com