[scribus] Font question True Type vs Open Type

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Mon Jun 14 20:15:21 CEST 2010

Am Montag, 14. Juni 2010 18:36:38 schrieb Wayne Gregori:
> I've been having some problems with PDF files that local print shops
> can't use do to embedded / outlined font issues.
>
> I found that of the two printers that I use, one accepts my pdfs  when
> fonts are outlined and the other accepts my pdfs when the fonts are
> embedded.
>
> Problem:
>
> Some of my non- True Type fonts will not "embed", i.e., when I try to
> embed them they will NOT migrate to the box that indicates that they are
> embedded but they migrate to the box indicating that they are Outlined.

I guess you are using OpenType fonts. Embedding those is disabled by default.
You can, however, override this setting:

For the current document go to File > Document Setup > Fonts. Look for the
fonts you want to embed and scroll to the right. There is a column
called "Subset." For OpenType fonts this option is checked by default.
Disable the setting by clicking on the checkbox. Now you can embed the font.

If you want use this setting in all new documents, do the same in File >
Preferences > Fonts.

HTH

Christoph