[scribus] Transparent background for graphic

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Jun 2 09:02:09 CEST 2010

hi tom

> I am a newbie who has had reasonable success with Scribus so far but
> am stumped as to how I can place a graphic with a white background
> over a colored background and have the color show through and the
> white disappear.

you have to use an image with a transparent background not a white one.

you also have to make sure that the frame you put the image into has a transparent background and not a white one (see the color tab in the properties palette)

> Publisher has a tool that accomplishes this, but I
> can't find one in Scribus.

you should have a more positive attitude towards scribus... :-)

try to learn scribus, and don't just replicate what you are doing in another app...

ciao
a.l.e