[scribus] Scribus vs Quark?

Jim Ford jaford at watford53.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Jul 31 22:25:15 CEST 2010

  I want to layout an illustrated children's book and have practically
no experience of DTP applications. I understand that the industry
standard for DTP applications is 'Quarkxpress'.

How does Scribus compare with Quarkxpress? Is Scribus likely to be
appropriate for what I want to do, or am I going to 'hit a wall'
eventually and wish I'd sported the (considerable) outlay for Quark?

I'd be grateful for any advice, before I start on the Scribus learning
curve.

Also, as it's my first post - thanks to the authors of Scribus for
providing what appears to be a very powerful application!

Jim